Tub Maintenance Tips
With proper care and maintenance, your newly refinished bathtub will continue to shine for years to come. Call Tub Tile & Tops at (615) 469-0756 for more information or to request a quote.
- Run your bathroom exhaust fan when showering or bathing to reduce humidity and lessen the chances of mold forming along the new caulk lines in your refinished tub.
- Rinse your tub or shower after every use to keep it fresh between cleanings. Soap scum can actually eat away at your new surface over time, so a quick spray down, including under soap dishes and shampoo bottles, using your extendable shower head, is a simple way to protect your tub.
Clean your tub, shower, tile, and sink regularly with these tips in mind:
- Use only non-abrasive cleaner and non-abrasive scrubbing pads to clean your new surface. Stay away from powders or soft-scrub gels, as they can deteriorate the surface (e.g Comet, Ajax, Soft-Scrub, Brillo Pads, and steel wool).
- Do not use bleach or products that contain bleach.
- The best choices are liquid cleaners and soft cloths or sponges.
- We suggest these products: Blue Scotch-Brite pads or microfiber cloths; Zep- Shower, Tub & Tile Cleaner; 409; Lysol Tub & Tile Cleaner; Scrubbing Bubbles; or a DIY mixture of equal parts vinegar & water.
- Keep an eye open for leaking or dripping plumbing fixtures in your tub, shower, or sink. Drips can have a negative effect on any surface over time.
Bathtub Refinishing You Can Trust
At Tub Tile & Tops, we pride ourselves on the quality and durability of our work, from fiberglass repairs to countertop refinishing, and everything in between. That’s why many of our refinishing projects is protected by a five-year written warranty. As a home or business owner, you’ll want to take the same steps to maintain and protect your refinished surfaces as you would with new ones.
To learn more about our refinishing services, read through our frequently asked questions. You might also be interested in reading our customer reviews to find out what others have to say about their refinished fixtures and surfaces.