Warranty for residential properties: Tub Tile & Tops offers a limited 5-year warranty against peeling or failure of adhesion of the coating for residential properties. This warranty is valid unless otherwise stated on the invoice. In the event of any failure covered by this warranty, Tub Tile & Tops, at its discretion, will repair the failed area or refinish the entire surface, free of cost.
This warranty will be voided for the following conditions:
- The use of non-slip suction cup mats or stickers. Other types of bathmats may void warranty as well, as rubber or other types of material can scratch, peel, or pull of the surface over time
- The use of abrasive pads and cleaners, bleach or cleaners containing bleach, and other unauthorized chemicals
- Staining or discoloring from fabric, bleach and hair dyes, or any other types of dye
- Excessive soap scum or extreme failure to clean regularly
- Damage or chips caused by sharp or heavy falling objects, animals, user neglect, or cleaning or storage of household or sports equipment, as well as any other type of misuse
- Leaking or dripping plumbing, pooling or standing water
- Damage caused by erosion or rust, particularly pre-existing rust near the drain
- Countertops and vanities should be protected from high-heat objects such as hot pots and pans, curling irons, etc.
The first week after refinishing: After the refinishing process is complete, you must wait 4 hours before using the tub to allow the surface to fully cure. For the first 7 days after resurfacing, refrain from cleaning the tub with any type of cleaning product or solution, as this can affect the curing process. You may notice some slight areas of roughness that was caused by dust particles during the refinishing process. Don’t worry, as this roughness will subside after normal use and cleaning of the tub.
Cleaning Supplies and Instructions: Use only non-abrasive cleaners and non-abrasive scrubbing pads. Do not use bleach or products containing bleach. Stay away from powders or soft scrub gels, as they can deteriorate and dull the surface (e.g. Comet, Ajax, Soft Scrub). Products that are oil or wax-based, such as Pinesol, can leave a waxy residue or dull your finish as well. Other products to avoid include, but are not limited to: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, hard bristle brushes, Liquid cleaners and soft cloths or sponges are best. We suggest these products: Blue Scotch-Brite (non-scratch) pads; Zep- Shower, Tub, and Tile Cleaner; 409; Lysol Tub & Tile cleaner; Scrubbing Bubbles; or a DIY mixture of vinegar & water. PLEASE THOUROUGHLY RINSE THE TUB WITH WATER AFTER USING A CLEANER. Using a detachable showerhead to rinse down shower after each use is an easy way to keep the tub clean in-between cleanings.
Fiberglass & Chip Repairs: We offer a 2-year warranty on all fiberglass and chip repairs.
Commercial and Rental Property Warranty: We offer a 2-year limited warranty on all commercial and rental properties. Landlords/Owners are responsible for informing tenants of proper care and maintenance for all services. Please print a copy of this warranty for their reference. Also, the Slip-Resistant Coating is recommended for all commercial and rental properties, and in some cases, may be required. This surface can prolong the life of your tub and is ideal for high-use areas.
*Disclaimer: If rust is around the drain, it is suggested that the drain be removed & replaced at the owner’s expense, prior to the time of service. This ensures a new seal and can help prevent rust from forming or reemerging, as well as helping to prevent damage from leaking fixtures. Tub, Tile, & Tops does not provide the drain removal service.
*PLEASE BE ADVISED that Tub Tile & Tops cannot warranty the growth or re-immersion of mold or mildew in the finish, tile, caulk, or grout lines. All mold and mildew will need to be addressed or removed BEFORE refinishing. It is not recommended to remove caulk from a refinished bathtub, as most times, this will remove the finish as well. If damage occurs during a homeowner’s removal of caulk, Tub Tile & Tops is not responsible for warranty touch up of any damaged areas and the warranty will be voided.Download Warranty PDF