It’s easy to feel discouraged by a tiny bathroom. It feels as if, no matter what you do in terms of home improvements, you’ll never have a grand spa and always feel cluttered and cramped. However, even though you might not have room for a Jacuzzi, why not make the most of your small bathroom? Even the smallest touches, like tub refinishing, can make tiny bathrooms seem luxurious.
- Renovation costs are lower. You can splurge on a high-end bathtub refinishing or a brand new tile floor because you don’t have to cover as much space. Think of the hand-painted tiles you’ve always wanted to use on your walls—since your bathroom is tiny, you’ll probably be able to make them fit your budget.
- Smaller bathrooms feel cozy and more intimate, while large bathrooms tend to feel cold, impersonal, and awkward much of the time.
- Remodeling projects can be overwhelming, especially when you’re dealing with a large space. However, with a small bathroom, you’ll be able to contain the mess to a small area, and the renovation will take much less time.
- A lower square footage means less space to clean!
Some Design Tips:
- In any space, light is important; in small spaces, it’s essential. Consider adding a skylight or window to your bathroom, and update your lighting fixtures.
- Get rid of stains and discolorations. A dingy bathroom will feel oppressive, regardless of its size. Check out tub refinishing and sink refinishing options. A bright white fixture will always feel more spacious than a dull yellow one; you’ll be surprised by how much difference it makes.
- Keep counters clear and clutter to a minimum. Use the drawers and vanity for storage, and don’t litter your walls with distractions.
- Small rooms can benefit from bold accents and bright colors just as much as large ones can. Paint one wall an accent color, or choose a brightly-colored tile as your sink’s backsplash. Small bathrooms certainly don’t have to be boring.
When it comes to bathrooms, less can certainly be more. To get the most out of your bathroom, contact Tub Tile & Tops. We offer bathtub refinishing, countertop refinishing, sink refinishing, and more to customers throughout Nashville, TN. Call (615) 469-0756 today for a free estimate, and you’ll be well on your way to making the most of your small bathroom.