If you have grown to love the sink and vanity in your bathroom but it’s showing clear signs of wear and tear, don’t worry! You don’t need to replace it, starting from square one; instead you have the option to have your sink refinished. The best part of sink refinishing is that restoring the finish and beauty of the original sink cost far less than replacing the entire unit. Refinishing your sink is also the eco-friendly alternative to replacing it. This quick and easy process can make brighten up your bathroom or kitchen in less than 24 hours! Here are the simple steps to having your sink refinished.
- The finishing specialist will first remove the drain cover from your sink and make any necessary repairs. These repairs include filling chips, holes and cracks with a body filler and then sanding it to a smooth finish. Any rust will be ground down and then built back up with filler and again sanded until the surface is smooth.
- Your finishing specialist will then wipe down the sink from any dirt or dust using a tank cloth.
- The final step before beginning the actual refinishing is sterilizing the area.
- Now the finishing specialist will apply the primer of your choice. Refinishing companies like Tub Tile & Tops have an array of colors available for sink refinishing. Some popular color choices include almond, bone and biscuit.
- You will then need to wait while the primer dries.
- Finally the finishing contractor will apply a glaze over the primer. One of the main reasons to hire a professional to refinish your sink, instead of attempting yourself, is because they will often use a fume exhauster that reduces the odor and poisonous chemicals while refinishing sinks. It is astonishing how such a small process can make such a big different in your family’s home. Since sink refinishing is so cost effective you can spend the left over money on some new towels or bath mats.
Hiring a specialist to refinish your sink, like those at Tub Tile & Tops, is extremely cost and time efficient. Serving Nashville, Brentwood, Hendersonville, TN, and the surrounding areas, their experienced contractors not only help you with the refinishing; they will also show you how you can extend the life of your sink, tub or tiles. Tub Tile & Tops also specialize in bathtub refinishing and countertop refinishing as well as tile and fiberglass. Call us today at (615) 469-0756 for a free refinishing estimate.