A modern bathroom style that is increasing in popularity is the open, clean look. This can be accomplished in a number of ways for a relatively inexpensive price. Check out these quick tips to open up your bathroom with a remodeling project that won’t break the bank.
Removing Cabinet Doors
One popular way to update the look of your bathroom is to simply remove your cupboard or closet doors, displaying colorful knickknacks. If you’re scared of the thought of putting your messy cupboards and closets on display for the whole world to see, realize that a little organization can go a long way.
Steps to Achieving an Open Cabinet
- Remove the doors. Make sure you store them in a handy place just in case you want to put them back on some day.
- Clean your shelves. After you have removed the doors take everything out of the cabinets and wipe them down.
- Organize your cupboards. Weed through all the bottles, boxes and accessories and throw out what is old, expired or never used. Group similar items together, an example of this is first aid items with first aid items, skin care with skin care, etc. Measure the size of your shelves and then go out and purchase some stylish baskets or totes to hold all your bathroom items.
- Paint the shelves: Paint the inside of you’re your cupboards and the shelves, especially if you need to cover up any marks from removing hardware. You can always paint the shelves and cupboard trim a crisp white and then choose a soothing shade of mint green or yellow for the interior, or whatever matches your current decor.
- Fill your cabinets. After the paint is dry, fill your baskets with your toiletries and place on the shelves. It really does give a whole new vibe to the room.
Another quick fix that will brighten up the room is to schedule shower or tub refinishing with your local TN refinishing expert. Getting the grunge off of your shower tiles or having a sparkling new surface applied to your bathtub will make it appear as if you’ve purchased a whole new unit—at a fraction of the cost of actually buying one.
If you thinking bathtub refinishing is a great way to make your bathroom feel more open and fresh contact Tub Tile and Tops. Contact us today at 615-469-0756 for a free estimate for refinishing bathtubs, countertops, sinks or tile, and for fiberglass repair. Serving Nashville, TN; Brentwood, TN; Hendersonville, TN and the surrounding areas.